Cooper Dillon is a small poetry press committed to upholding the virtues of Poetry as a high art and expression of truth, beauty, and sincerity: the values that make poems timeless.
We welcome Submissions of Full-length & Chapbook Poetry manuscripts.
- Please have any contact information in the appropriate fields with a cover letter or brief bio.
- We have a buy-a-book or $10 reading fee for all manuscripts:
To buy a book, order from our store, and select the appropriate category below.
To pay the reading fee, select the appropriate option below.
- If your manuscript is taken elsewhere, simply withdraw it through your list of submissions in your Submittable account.
- Translations are welcome, but translators must have the rights to translate the original work.
- We do not read manuscripts of fiction, nonfiction, children's books, biography, etc., and non-poetry manuscripts will not be considered for publication.
- Please only submit previously unpublished manuscripts (but full-lengths that contain previously published poems or poems that were published in a chapbook are just fine). Self published books are considered previously published.
You can find poems for all our authors by looking at their books in our store. If you submit after you buy a book, click Full-Length Collection or Chapbook (Bought a Book), and you will not be charged.
If you'd prefer to pay the $10 reading fee, click either Full-Length Collection or Chapbook ($10 Reading Fee), and you'll be charged by Submittable.
Any questions about the open reading or submission process can be emailed to us at Submit@CooperDillon.com. We generally respond to submissions within 12 weeks.